- I installed the trial and started Smarterm
but I don’t see the macro! Where is it?
- The macro starts to run ok but then has
- The macro had an error and ended, but now
no macros will run!
- I restarted Smarterm and still macros will
- The macro was refreshing and hung up, I
pushed the cancel button but nothing happened.
- The macro keeps logging on/logging off
or continuously gets stuck during refresh.
- What is this “log file line count”?
- I downloaded the trial but it’s already
- I can’t find the .ini file!
- I upgraded from my old version (2.88 or
any prior version) to the new version and lost all my settings!
- I’m using a version above 2.90 and lost
all my settings!
- How can I work in Misys and run the macro
at the same time?
- I keep getting these “out of string space”
errors and I am using Smarterm version 10?
- In Smarterm, click tools, them macros.
In the drop-down list box select “Other”. Then browse, when
you installed the macro it asked for the location of your
macros directory, this is where the installer placed the
macro. Find the macro and open it. Run the macro
entitled “Call_OLMon” </ br>
- These errors usually have to do with
compatibility. Did you install the correct version
of the macro? If the XP version of the macro is run
on a win9X machine it just won’t work. Other incompatibilities
may exist but have not been encountered. Click OK
on the error dialog and email back the resulting error file.
- The macro engine or object is corrupted/broken,
try restarting Smarterm. </ br>
- This happens mostly on win95 machines.
The corrupted/broken Smarterm macro engine doesn’t want
to die, reboot the computer or if it is an option on your
start menu “close all programs and log on as a different
user”. </ br>
- At some points during the refresh cycle,
the macro enters a wait state and cannot respond to the
user interrupt command. Press control-alt-delete and
end ALL Smarterm tasks. </ br>
- Among the various installations of Misys
in individual labs, the most apparent differences arise
around the login process and prompts, as well as the connection.
Sometimes you can solve this by simply logging on for the
macro first and then starting it. However one of the
goals of this program is to adapt to all the various possible
incarnations of Misys. Email me the error log if there
is one, or if not, turn on error logging and run the macro.
Then email back the resulting OlProcess log file that can
be found on the root C: drive. </ br>
- During an upgrade of Misys, somewhere
around 7, the log file shortened by exactly one line.
The macro automatically corrects for this but cannot change
the setting. If, during the refresh cycle, the message
box displays a message about the log file line count being
incorrect, change the option within the options screen.
- Oops! My bad! Email me and I’ll get
you a current one in a jiffy! </ br>
- With version 2.90 the .ini file has
been eliminated in favor of using the registry.
- With version 2.90 and above the .ini
file has been eliminated.
- For a detailed explanation of working
with the registry, see the
The macro stores your setting information in the CURRENT_USER
section of the registry. If you (or someone else)
has logged on the pc as a different user you will need to
log back on to the profile you were using when configuring
the macro. PLEASE NOTE: Your IT department may have
configured Windows to store your CURRENT_USER registry information
on the network. In some cases the system may decide
that your current registry is corrupt and restore from an
old backup, thus deleting your new changes. Also sometimes
during a shared rollout of new software the current registry
may be cleared. We lost all of our settings after
a recent systemwide rollout of Microsoft Office 2003. I
suggest you make a backup of your settings using Regedit:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BasicScript Program Settings\OlMonitorHighlight this key and choose “File – Export”. A .reg file
will be generated that can be imported to other machines.
To import the file copy it to the target machine and double-click.
- You can start 2 instances of Smarterm
and run the macro in one window and work with Misys in the
other. If Smarterm keeps running in the same window
this page will
show you how to fix your shortcut.
- Version 10 has a bug in the macro
engine, upgrade or download version 10 patch